2023 - Fjällräven Discovery Mt. Pinatubo Trek via Inararo Trail
6th - 8th Jan 2023
Volcano, river crossing
3 days 2 nights
Mount Pinatubo is an active stratovolcano located in western Luzon, Philippines, that erupted in 1991 (for the first time in 600 years) and caused widespread devastation. Now it is a popular hiking destination to many and is now described as a beautiful disaster. Mount Pinatubo is located about 55 miles (90 km) northwest of Manila and rose to a height of about 1460 meters above sea level (4,800 feet) prior to its eruption.
Day 1 - 6th Jan 2023
(Early trek due to severe hot weather and exposure to sun on open trail after 12 noon)
0100 - Meet up (Venue to be announced)
0200 - ETD to Porac, Pampanga.
0500 - Arrival at Brgy. Inararo, Porac Pampanga, final preparation. (Breakfast, coffee break.)
0600 - Start trek to base camp, Brgy. Inararo.
0930 - Arrival at base camp
1000 - Start trek to Ana-an Camp Site
1300 - Arrival at Ana-an camp site, late lunch, set camp. (Camp site is beside the river)
1900 - Lights out, prepare for an early day.
Day 2 - 7th Jan 2023
0400 - Wake up call, breakfast and break camp
0500 - Start trek to Mt. Pinatubo crater
0800 - ETA Crater view deck
0830 - Start trek back to Ana-an Falls
1100 - Arrival at Ana-an Falls, lunch.
1200 - Start trek back to base camp
1500 - Arrival at base camp, set camp
1900 - Dinner, Socials
2100 - Lights out
Day 3 - 8th Jan 2023
0700 - Wake up call, breakfast, break camp
0900 - Start trek to Avatar Jorge
1200 - Back to jump off, lunch, wash up.
1400 - Depart Porac travel back to Manila
1800 - Arrival at Manila
- Guides fee
Other fees - Ancestral domain fee, entrance fee, environmental fee, barangay fees, processing fee, parking, camp/tent fees, registration fees
- Transportation from Manila to jump off and back
- Organisers fee
- All meals
- Camping and hiking gears
Things to bring:
- Camping gears: tent, cook set, reusable cooking utensils.
- Hiking clothes, layers, wind breaker, jacket, sandals for river crossing. It is advised to wear light clothes during the trek because it can be hot. During the night can be cold, so jackets and sleeping bags are advised.
- Cash and small bills - last ATM will be in Manila
- To reserve a slot, kindly present the requirements as stated above with the deposit of 50% Climb fee, PhpXXX. Please send requirements and deposit receipt to: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Edgar Isip II